Dr. Velma Scantlebury-White STEM Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: High school senior from certain New Castle County cities planning to pursue a STEM program in college.
Deadline Date: March 13, 2023
• Be a high school senior residing in the Middletown (DE) Alumnae service area of Middletown, Odessa, Townsend, Clayton, Port Penn, St. Georges, and Delaware City.
• Minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
• Majoring in a Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) program in college.
• Show proof of acceptance to a STEM program.
• Complete and submit an application packet, which includes all needed documentation.
• Dependants of current MAC Chapter members are ineligible.
• An official high school transcript sent from high school counselor to: Scholarship.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Three letters of recommendation.
Application Requirements: GPA
Award Amount: $2,500
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Applications available beginning January 1 at middletowndedst.org or from any high school in the the above service area.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Middletown (DE) Alumnae Chapter
Attention: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 609
Odessa, DE 19730-9998
Profession/Major: Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology
Grade Level: High School
County Specific: New Castle