Ally Financial Law Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: African American and Black seniors and undergraduates who will enter law school upon receiving undergraduate degree.
Application Available: December 12, 2022
Deadline Date: April 28, 2023
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s Ally Financial Law Scholars Program, sponsored by Ally Financial, seeks to increase the number of qualified, competitive African American or Black students entering the profession of law. This program offers a scholarship award to offset scholar’s cost of attendance. The multi-year award supports students throughout their law school journey.
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Be a full-time scholar at an accredited college or university
• Be a graduating senior entering law school upon receiving undergraduate degree
• Be a undergraduate alumni entering law school as a first year law scholar
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
• Exhibit leadership and be active in community
• Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Completed 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on the deadline date.
• Personal Statement Response
• Video Essay Response (not to exceed 5 minutes)
• 2 Letter of Recommendation
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly in Academic Works (application portal)- must be a legible copy of your current transcript in a PDF file. We must be able to read clearly the name of academic institution, student name and information, courses, grades and other information detailed on the transcript.
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills- must be uploaded as a .pdf file
Application Requirements: GPA, Essay, Letter of Recommendation(s)
1. *Video Essay Response*: Which of your accomplishments makes you most proud, and why? (provide URL link to view video; video must not exceed 5 minutes)
2. *Personal Statement*: What makes you interested in the legal profession, and how has your personal experience prepared you for a career in law? (500 word maximum)
Award Amount: 60,000
The multi-year award of $20,000 will be continuously awarded up to 3 years reliant on maintaining eligibility requirements. Total award amount: $60,000.
The selected recipient will be matched with a mentor via Ally Financial. The mentor will support the recipient through their law school journey. Ally Financial will also provide professional development sessions for the recipient to attend.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Application Available at: https://www.cbcfinc.org/programs/scholarships/
Eligibility: Ethnicity/Race, Citizen/Permanent Resident
Grade Level: Undergraduate Students, High School, High School Graduates
Institution Type: 4-year college