Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: Graduating U.S. high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
Deadline Date: February 20, 2023
- Graduating high school senior
- Promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
- Extracurricular activities
- A copy of your transcripts or report cards for the past two years
- Three or more recommendations (including at least one teacher).
- Any documentation related to your promotion of vegetarianism in high school and/or community including photographs, newspaper stories, etc.
- Applicants will be judged on having shown compassion, courage, and a strong commitment to promoting a peaceful world through a vegetarian diet/lifestyle.
Application Requirements: Essay, Letter of Recommendation(s)
Address the following:
-How you promoted vegetarianism in your high school and/or community
-What you learned/what you would do different
-How you expect to promote vegetarianism in college and beyond
-Your future goals
-Your “perfect” life in five years
-Why you should receive this scholarship
-How you became vegetarian and why you are vegetarian
-How you define vegetarian
-Why vegetarianism is important to you
-What else is important to you
-What vegetarian foods you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
-What restaurants you would recommend to a non-vegetarian
Award Amount: $10,000
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: DACA Dreamers, No Citizenship Requirement
Profession/Major: Open to All
Grade Level: High School
Institution Type: 4-year college, 2-year college
Other: Community Service