National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF), Dr. James Earl Kennamer Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: Scholarship for high school senior, NWTF member who participates in hunting, supports the conservation of the wild turkey and the preservation of our hunting heritage.
Deadline Date: December 15, 2022
- Students should be graduating seniors with a 3.0 on 4.0 scale or equivalent grade point average.
- Students must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education (i.e. Junior College, Community College, Technical College, College or University).
- Students must actively participate in hunting, support the conservation of the wild turkey and the preservation of our hunting heritage.
- Students must upload copies of transcripts for review.
- A copy of current hunting license is required.
- Students must hold a current NWTF membership and upload a copy of their membership card. If you are not a current member of NWTF, visit www.nwtf.org or call (800) THE-NWTF to join.
- Students must upload an essay (300 word limit) exhibiting dedication to conservation and preserving our hunting heritage. Essay must include:
– why you will be a good investment if you are awarded this conservation scholarship
– any experiences and background that demonstrate your dedication to conservation
– the preservation of our hunting heritage why hunting is important to you and/or your family.
- Students must upload two letters of recommendation (from teachers, counselors, community or clergy – do not include relatives)
- Students must be involved in school extra-curricular activities (i.e. FFA, Ecology Club, Science Club, Beta Club, Student Council, etc.).
- Students must demonstrate leadership among his or her peers.
- Students must demonstrate community leadership and/or involvement (i.e. 4-H, civic group or club, scouting, volunteer work).
Application Requirements: GPA, Essay, Letter of Recommendation(s)
Award Amount: $10,000
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: No Citizenship Requirement
Profession/Major: Open to All
Grade Level: High School
Institution Type: 4-year college, 2-year college, Trade/Vocational/Certificate Programs