Ally Financial Public Policy Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: African American and Black scholars who are rising juniors or seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree in public policy or related discipline including but not limited to political science or public administration.
Application Available: December 12, 2022
Deadline Date: April 28, 2023
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s Ally Financial Public Policy Program, sponsored by Ally Financial, awards scholarships to academically talented and highly motivated African American or Black students pursuing an undergraduate degree in public policy or a related discipline including but not limited to political science or public administration.
• Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Be a full-time undergraduate sophomore or junior at an accredited college or university
• Demonstrate a commitment to public policy
• Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
• Exhibit leadership and be active in community
• Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• Completed 2-part online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on the deadline date.
• Personal Statement Response
• Video Essay Response (not to exceed 5 minutes)
• 2 Letter of Recommendations
• Transcript(s) – must be uploaded directly in Academic Works (application portal). Upload a legible copy of your current transcript in a PDF file. We must be able to read clearly the name of academic institution, student name and information, courses, grades and other information detailed on the transcript.
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, academic information, community service and special skills.
Application Requirements: GPA, Essay
*Personal Statement*: What makes you interested in public policy, and how has your personal experience prepared you for a career in public policy? (500 word maximum)
*Video Essay Response*: Which of your accomplishments makes you most proud, and why? (provide URL link to view video; video must not exceed 5 minutes)
Award Amount: $10,000
$10,000 scholarship, non-renewable
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Application Available at : https://cbcfinc.academicworks.com/
Additional Scholarship Information:
New Filter: Public Policy
Eligibility: Ethnicity/Race, Citizen/Permanent Resident
Profession/Major: Political Science
Grade Level: Undergraduate Students
Institution Type: 4-year college