Whitetails Unlimited, Delaware Chapter Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: Two $2,500 scholarships available for Delaware Seniors interested in pursuing a degree related to the conservation and the betterment of white-tail deer and their environment.
Deadline Date: March 31, 2023
Founded in 1982, Whitetails Unlimited is a national nonprofit conservation organization that has remained true to its mission and has made great strides in the field of conservation. We have gained the reputation of being the nation’s premier organization dedicating our resources to the betterment of the white-tailed deer and its environment. Whitetails Unlimited mission is to raise funds in support of (1) educational programs, (2) wildlife habitat enhancement and acquisitions, and (3) preservation of the hunting tradition and shooting sports for future generations.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior, from a high school located in the state of Delaware.
- Major’s of interest should be associated with fields with the conservation and the betterment of white-tail deer and their environment. E.g. Wildlife and Forestry Conservation, Fish and Wildlife Management, Wildlife Biology & Wildlife Ecology and Management.
- Applicant must graduate with a 3.0 or higher grade point average, based on the 4.0 grading scale, or equivalent based on their schools grading system.
- Applicant must be involved in school and community activities.
- Applicant must have demonstrated their ability as a leader among his/her peers.
- Applicant must demonstrate community leadership and/or involvement.
- Applicant must submit an essay. (Reference ‘Part IV: Essay’ listed on page 3)
- Applications must submit a completed application and references by March 31st 2023.
- Applicant must submit letters-of-recommendation from two (2) adults, one of which should be a teacher, Guidance Counselor or Principal. Letters-of-recommendation should not written by a Parent/Guardian or other member of the applicant’s household.
- Applicant will submit a completed application, along with essay and references, to the Delaware Chapter of Whitetails Unlimited, Scholarship Committee. (See address listed below)
- Two applicants will be selected to receive a $2,500 scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will not be notified until their high school awards banquet/ceremony.
- The scholarship recipients will be invited to attend our annual Whitetails Unlimited – Delaware Chapter Banquet, held the last Saturday in January, to recognize their achievement.
Application Requirements: GPA, Essay
Award Amount: $2,500
-Each recipient will be awarded $2,500, to be used toward their college expenses.
-Payment will be to the recipients address, after we, Whitetails Unlimited – Delaware Chapter – Scholarship Committee, has received a copy of the applicants fall college schedule.
*Schedule needs to be mailed to the same address as the application.
Contact Name: Melody Warren
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 302-270-8883
Submission Contact Name: Melody Warren
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Return the application to:
Whitetails Unlimited – Delaware Chapter, Application Committee
C/O Melody Warren
6626 Willow Grove Road
Wyoming, Delaware 19934
Profession/Major: Agriculture, Biological Sciences, Biology, Environmental Science, Science
Grade Level: High School
Other: Community Service, Multiple Opportunities