Coastal Georgetown AAUW: The Jeffrey Borrin Memorial Workforce Development Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: Workforce Development Scholarship for high school senior females from select coastal high schools or adult females currently attending night school at Sussex Tech in pursuit of a license/certification in a trade or vocational area.
Deadline Date: March 5, 2023
The Jeffrey Borrin Memorial Workforce Development Scholarship is for high school senior females from select coastal high schools or adult females currently attending night school at Sussex Tech in pursuit of a license/certification in a trade or vocational area. These awards are for vocational programs in workforce development for girls and women who wish to attend vocational/trade programs at Sussex Tech Night School.
The individual must meet the following requirements:
1) female high school seniors/graduates at Cape Henlopen HS, Sussex Tech HS, Sussex Academy HS, Sussex Central HS and Indian River High School
2)adult females who are currently attending Sussex Technical Adult Ed Vocational Night School.
Individuals must submit:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form, current or last transcript available.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from teachers and/or employers.
- Essay of up to 400 words written by the student that answers the application essay question.
- List or resume of leadership roles, activities, interests, community service, and work experience.
For more information click here.
Application Requirements: Essay, Letter of Recommendation(s)
See application for essay question (response required is up to 400 words)
Award Amount: $1,000 – $5,000
The award amounts are from $1000-$5000.
Contact Name: Michael Hague
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Return Application to Mike Hague or Shelly Doyle for submittal to CGAAUWscholarship@gmail.com
Profession/Major: Automotive, Dental, Health, Medical, Nursing, Pharmaceutical Science, Science, Technology, Various
Grade Level: High School, Technical Level Students
County Specific: Sussex
Institution Type: Trade/Vocational/Certificate Programs
Other: Community Service