Delaware School Counselor Association Scholarship
Scholarship Overview: Senior who will be attending a two- or four-year college/university, or attending a certified trade school or apprenticeship
Deadline Date: March 17, 2023
The applicant must be a Delaware resident (who also attends a high school in the state of Delaware), and who will be matriculating into a two- or four-year college/university, or attending a certified trade school or apprenticeship in the 2023-24 school year*. All applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application (see attached)
- Essay discussing, in one page or less, what impact a School Counselor(s) has/have had on your lifetime educational
- Resume of all school and community extracurricular activities, service, volunteer, and/or leadership involvements.
- ONE letter of recommendation from his/her school counselor (additional recommendations will not be considered).
- High School Transcript (applicants must have a 50 GPA or higher)
*It is only necessary to know what college/university/apprenticeship/trade school you will be attending if you are one of the awarded winners, in May 2023.
Application Requirements: GPA, Essay, Letter of Recommendation(s)
Essay discussing, in one page or less, what impact a School Counselor(s) has/have had on your lifetime educational experience.
Award Amount: 1,000
The Association Board will award three (3) $1,000.00 scholarships to one worthy applicant from each county (New Castle, Kent, Sussex) who meets all of the scholarship criteria.
Contact Name: Ivy Truitt
Contact Email: email@example.com
Additional Contact & Submission Information:
Complete application packets, which must include all additional materials together in ONE PDF file, should be submitted by 3/17/23, and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Scholarship Application”.
Eligibility: DACA Dreamers, No Citizenship Requirement
Profession/Major: Open to All
Grade Level: High School
Institution Type: 4-year college, 2-year college, Trade/Vocational/Certificate Programs